Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Moto Mojo


In the few short weeks that I've owned the CB350, I've come to realize the special following this bike has. Not that I'm going to be bartering this any time soon for a tattoo, but I thought this Craigslist ad summed up some of that passion (thank you, 2Bike, for sending it my way). Sure, it makes sense that as perhaps the most popular model motorcycle ever sold in the states it would have the most fans. But there is more to it than shear numbers. I think people love this bike because:
  1. Nostalgia: It was probably a lot of motorcycle owners first bike (being a smaller bike and all)
  2. Value: It was relatively inexpensive to buy and maintain
  3. Timeless: It looks good and is still an economical ride
  4. Mojo: Some things have it, some don't; I think the CB350 has got a magical essence to it.
Perhaps I have a CB350 tattoo in my future? Not likely. Katie and the kids come first. But it is kind of fun to think about.'Wonder if he'd be willing to do a tatt or two for some old hockey equipment...

No comments:

Post a Comment