Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The End of Innocence



Among the hundreds of emails I get everyday are the important ones (from my boss, my boss's boss), the really important ones (my wife), and then the ones that seem to transcend import.
My motorcycle mechanic is moving south and selling a bunch of stuff including this bike which he offered to me for $200. Good compression but needs to have the carbs cleaned. was thinking about buying it for parts but holly will kill me I think garage space wise.
He'll be gone for good in the next day or two.
So innocent. So easy to ignore. So unimportant unless ... you're a 48-year-old father of two, who has never owned a motorcycle.
So for $200, I became the proud owner of a 1972 Honda CB350.
I'm not sure what it all means. But I figured it's an experience, something I can chronicle on this blog. Here's to the beginning of a story and the end of innocence.

1 comment:

  1. So honored to be a part of the first installment of your blog. Welcome to the long winding road. Look forward to riding together in the spring with our beautiful wives riding...on the back.

    ReplyDelete